Saturday, September 1, 2007

Bed Bugs

OK so we get back from the relaxing weekend in Memphis and by Tuesday I am feeling my undies rubbing on what I thought was a mole. This i am use to because I am a mole laden person, I inherited the gene from GM28. So by Wed. PM this is no longer a mole problem I discover several red bit marks on my neither regions most namely on the inner aspect of my thigh, lower butt cheeks and belly and knee ( 5 ) bites in all. Now I am wondering where they came from. Hubby thinks I got them at work. By Thursday I am reduced to wearing a skirt and thongs to work. This is no longer funny, but becoming a major problem. Thursday night I have chills and a fever of 102. I call my boss that night to tell her I will not be in to work. I sleep with fever and chills , pain in all the bites but worse in my inner thigh, it burns and stings. No itching here. At 8 am I call and make an appointment with he doctor , see him at 10:00 he thinks it is a tick or flea. I think not. Any way he gives me an antibiotic prescription, has blood drawn for Lyme titer and I am on my way with the assurance I will feel better in 24-48 hrs. In the mean time I can barley sit on one hip let alone on my butt. So I have been bed ridden for 48 hrs. Those bites have turned into what the doctor calls deep cellulitis. The one on my inner thigh has made me bed ridden mainly because I cannot sit on my butt. Today being Saturday have been on antibiotics for 2 days and these thing are coming to a head, the one on my thigh has begun to ooze, the one on my belly is ready to pop as is the one on the inner aspect of my knee.
OK I feel better I have shared this adventure with the world. I remain convinced it was bed bugs since I have never had this type of reaction to fleas, ticks or mesquitoes.