Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sunday

Sunday...last night I told GMD28 we'd go to church today it was the first Sunday and that is the Sunday she likes best, not for the message, not for the length of the service ( it is long) but because she gets to take Communion, that seems to seal her faith in the lord. I digress, so this morning like most Sunday's she comes down to my bathroom to take her shower at 8:30 am. I usually take this as a sign we are going to church today. I finish reading the paper, get a light breakfast go take a shower and wash my hair. As I finish up I look out and here is GMD28 making her way to the kitchen in her Saturday outfit. I accost her and say "I thought we were going to Church", she answers" well you said you had a headache last night so I did not think we'd go to Church today". Long story short she finished her breakfast and got dressed in time to leave.

When we get to church there is a big travel bus in the parking lot. This is a signal to me we have guest and this will be and exceptionally long service. GMD28 does not seem to notice. We we get in the church there are approximately 50 folks. They have arrived from Columbus,AR (where ever that is) to share the Sunday with us and their young preacher will preach the word.

About an hour into the service GMD28 looks at me and says "where are we", pointing to the bulletin and I tell her the Sermon is next. Another hour goes by and she looks at me and says "I was going to say lets go", I point out to her he is almost finished and we came for communion.

Thirty minutes later we have communion, a perfect time to leave, since we had to go to the alter, but she sits back down. Now it is time for more singing and bible readings. We've been in church 2 hours now, she begins to fidget, I ask what is the problem, "She says "I have to go to the bathroom". I tell her "we will leave as soon as they start to sing. More talking goes on , twenty minutes later the young minister ask his entire congregation who have made the trip to stand up...we make our exit. I practically run out, GMD28 is dragging up the rear her exit is seen. The usher runs to help her , I tell the usher "she has to go to the bathroom", she understands, she has taken GMD28 there before. It has now been 21/2 hrs and you know how GMD28 is about the bathroom we had to drive right home no stopping for a meal. Yes they were serving a meal after church but we had no plans to stay.......

No comments: