Sunday, May 6, 2007

Air Conditioning

Ok the hot weather has arrive here, the temps have been in the high 80's all week and today it almost hit 90! In fact our thermometer said 91 on the deck. Actually in the shade a cool breeze was blowing and it was not so bad when I took the dog out. I think the humidity was low. If it is high we sweat and I have not done that yet. My 88 year old mother lives with me and let me tell you 90 was just right for her. I remember this time last year we had the same discussion,I turn on the A/C, she gets out her sweater and robe , she wraps herself them.She tells me "it is not hot enough to have the A/C on yet, what are you going to do when it really gets hot". I tell her it is to warm for me now and I need it on. I think if the temp in the house is 80, it is a little warm. We go round and round about this all summer. It is really no better in the winter, we all wear short sleeves and shorts, because it is to cold for her and I turn the thermometer up to 80 degrees to keep her warm, but I will be darned it I fail to turn on the A/C in the summer to warm her up after all I have my principle. She will just have to stay wrapped up ,we strip in the winter to accomodate her.

1 comment:

miss k said...

I am with you - DH wants it hot as h-ll in the house and i am all for freezing year round!