Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

Finished one book last night and am working on # 2 today. I did sleep in, I took advantage of the fact I did not have to work. Got up took a shower,washed my hair. Went out to get a few last minute food items, ran to the mall to get a shower gift. Checked out the new shoes and purses, called TDMK to check on wedding weather for coming event. Mean while DH was home working on his BBQ, I even had GMD28 working on the deviled eggs, I had made a Chipole pasta salad the night before. Called Gogomom2 to get her B.Beans recipe since DH had said his meal needed to include B.Beans with ground beef, coleslaw and deviled eggs to go with his grilled Baby Back ribs. He had a new recipe he wanted us to sample, curry/ginger chicken wings cooked on the grill.
I bought some gas, I have made a vow to not buy Shell or Exxon, so it is cash for Kroger or some other brand. Stick to your guns no gas from the profit makers.

GMD28 is still stitting at the table working on her e-mail and DH has retired to his big chair, I think I hear him snoring. Coco is in a cool spot resting from overseeing the BBQ cooking. I've cleaned the kitchen put up the left overs and I am now taking a few minutes for myself. I am stitting here typing, to full to lay down. Better get back to that book. I am determined to finish it tonight.

Hope your day was great mine was.

3 comments:

GOGOMOM said...

Sounds like a great day. You didn't say how the ribs turned out! Like your avatar and Coco's pix.

Mommydearest24 said...

The ribs were a little dry but the next day DH used the crockpot to tenderize them, they were very good according to GMD28

miss k said...

you are turning into a political radical in your twilight years - no buying gas from the profit mongers - i love it!