Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mothers Day

This year mothers day was especially nice, not just the weather but the day. Gogomom2 had come to visit with her constant companion Hershey of the" Hershey Chronicle's", fame. The day started off with waking up finding a mother's day card and Sunday papers on my bed. The cards were from DH, the grand kids and Coco. After reading the card, I got up and headed for the kitchen where I found two beautiful floral arrangements. One was for me from DH and one was for Gogomom2 and GMD28. That DH is such a good guy, he thinks about everyone. I looked for DH to thank him and found him in the garage completing a task, he was using armour all on the car tires. He had taken the caddie out to wash it and now was making the tires shiny. After a small breakfast Gogomom2, DMD28 and I got dressed and headed out to church. Our regular minister did not preach even though he was in attendance, the assistant minister gave the sermon. After a long and not so relevant sermon we headed home to DH. We had planned a lunch by the lake.
After we picked up DH we headed out for lunch at a local seafood place. We like the restaurant because you can sit outside under an umbrella and enjoy the breeze off the lake. As I stated before it was a beautiful day. There were boats of all kinds on the lake , noisy ones ,family ones , full of family members and quite ones, seniors out for a sail. The folks arriving for lunch by boat and car. While we waited for drinks and lunch we decided to take a few pictures and this was one we like, Mother and her 2 daughters. Home after lunch we took off our church cloths, headed for our respective resting places and took the required nap. Dinner was catch as catch can. Then we started making and receiving mothers day calls to the Aunts. Our kids called us finally and so I think all and all it was a great Mothers Day.
Happy Mothers day to all.

2 comments:

GOGOMOM said...

I know I had fun!

miss k said...

These pictures are so great - I wish I had been there!