Sunday, June 3, 2007


The bridal shower was a hit. It started at 10:00 am and was over at 11:00 am. My kind of Saturday shower. I was expecting at 10 am some kind of breakfast food but what we got was a traditional shower cake and pineapple punch. There was coffee and tea but I was looking for fruit, muffins and juice. So off to Sonic I went as soon as the shower was over.The bride to be got a lot of beautiful gifts from the guest. There were about 15 women there. My only beef had nothing to do with the party but with the bridal registry at the local store. Dillard's ! I had gone there last week to purchase two gifts, the wedding gift and the shower gift. Everything I wanted was already purchased or at least the registry was updated to say so. Well you can imagine my surprise when the gifts were opened, mine was among the first group, there were 2 of the gift I had gotten. Now I know the young lady who waited on me took my list and scanned the gift in because I watched her so I can only surmise the other sales person had not scanned in the other gift. Some one needs to alert the sales folks if it is a wedding/shower gift from the registry scan it in.Any way I had a good time and cannot wait until the wedding ,which is an hour drive from here in the woods no less. Oh well I had fun.....

2 comments:

miss k said...

that is a great picture of you and the mother of the bride. really looking forward to seeing you on friday.

gurl_in_her_nutshell said...

oooh...i love hershey's kisses...haha..i used to have a stuff toy of Hershey's..aww..makes me miss my rum..

so,what is the exact gift you gave?hehe..i hope you don't mind me asking, :))