Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Coco and her Red Rubber Ball update




I am not trying to emulate the Chronicles of Hershey but only share the story of the "Red Ball".


The back story is that Coco had a ball it was multicolored with knobs on it, that way she could get a great grip on it. Well the minute I'd walk in the door from work Coco would find that ball no matter where it was last seen she knew exactly where it was. She would proceed to follow me around banging the ball on my foot. Let me tell you, it was hard so it hurt. It did not matter if I had shoes on or not the ball would be bopped on my foot. So one day I took the ball and hid it. She was so funny, she'd walk around on her hind legs trying to see up high up on top of the table or the counter looking for that ball. Eventually I'd feel bad and give her the ball back again. One day she dropped that ball on my foot and I said that is the end of that ball.


While I was at PetCo, the Dillards for dogs, I found a replacement ball, a soft red rubber ball. The problem I did not realise when I bought the ball was it had the tendency to feel wet and cold when it was rubbed or dragged over your bare foot or up your bare leg. True to form as soon as I walk in the door she takes off looking for the red ball no matter where it is. When she finds it she is relentless...Oh and it has nice big holes in it so she can grab it and hold on for dear life. I have swung her around, lifted her off the ground and she will not let go. Now I am in search of something that is not wet, cold and hard to get away from her.

No comments: