Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Travel by Plane



Traveling by plane has become a nightmare. Friday I left home at 9:30 headed for the airport ans a trip to DC with hopes of arriving at a decent time. My flight, at 11:40 am to Cincinnati went well, but when I got there I checked the flight board and found out the flight was delayed one hour , OK, I felt I still had time to get to DC to make the rehearsal dinner but I would be late. Within a few minutes the board changed again we would now be leaving at 3:30 instead of 2:30 and at a new gate. Rush to that gate, by the time I got to the new gate the flight was now delayed again. So instead of leaving at 3:30 I would now be leaving at 5:30. I now know I will miss the dinner, it started at 6:00. So I call my daughter tell her to go a head and I'd call when we landed. Little did I know we now had another gate change and it involved going to a new concourse. So now I have to take a shuttle bus to that concourse. OK so now I have been in Cincinnati 7 hours and it is now 8:30 pm. The board now says we board at 8:40...no 8:50.no 9:00. Yeah we are on the plane it is 9:00...oh no we are not taking off until 9:30 make that 10:00 pm, finally in the air, arrive in DC at 11:30 pm. I had started this trip at 11:40 am...
OK you thought it was over no on Monday as I started back home the same scenario played out. Left DCA on time 10:00 am got to Atlanta, there I had 3 gate changes, one concourse change and spent a total of 5 hrs on the ground there. I was due in LR at 2:25 but got in at 5: 25. Finally got home at 6:30 with a vow the next time I travel it will be non stop.......

1 comment:

GOGOMOM said...

Good luck with that..you pay an arma nd a leg for non stop. I had a similar experience with NW airline going from LAX to DCA. On my return I got bronchitus and was sick for 3 weeks!