Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Back to Basics


Well gogomom2 & Hershey are gone, they left at 3:30 in the morning to make a 5 am flight. They made it home safely not without some glitches. I'll let gogomom2 tell you her story.

I was so tired I got in bed and fell asleep at 9:30, woke up briefly to see the news fought to stay awake for Jay Leno, but failed miserably.

Today DH called me to asked if he could make dinner , being one who enjoys others cooking I said go right ahead. So he went out to the local Wal-mart bought himself a Wok and came home and made stir fried shrimp....it was delicious. He was inspired by gogomom2's meal last week. I think she needs to come back often to inspire him in the cooking relm.

I called all my friends have neglected the last few weeks found out I had missed a lot by not calling them sooner. One had gallbladder surgery after months of thinking she had some rare disease, the Dr.'s could find nothing wrong until they did a PIPIDA scan and found she had a non functioning gallbladder. She is home and doing well. The other friend had her blood pressure medicine changed and was up late one night soon after the change, blacked out and as she described it you do not faint like they do on TV where you swoon in real life you drop face forward like a stone/slab. When she woke up 10-15 minutes later covered in blood. She had been carrying a tray with a bowl on it, when she fell it broke and she fell into it and cut her cheek, forehead, lip and broke her nose. Being a nurse she drug herself around on the floor cleaning up the mess, drug herself to her bed and then called 911. She then had to drag herself to the front door to open it to let them in. I chastised her for not calling me and/or giving me or someone a key since she lives alone. Again being a nurse she knows we don't usually rely on anyone to take care of us we usually are the ones taking care of others. My next friend was at home tripped over something , broke her wrist and had to have surgery. She is back at work, now she says feeling better and able to type. This is how I found out what really happened. I had heard it from another friend who had been down and out with her bad back. The more I think about it we nurses as we age seem to all be falling apart.

Lastly "thedivinemissk", will find out tomorrow if she is PG or not. Can't wait to be the grandmother of her unborn children...they will have to call me "Mrs. Green".

1 comment:

GOGOMOM said...

Dear Mrs. Green,
I am so excited for you. Your Grandmaship is coming at the right time and I will keep saying my prayers for the family. About your friends...sounds like they are going through a bad patch but it will pass or at least I hope so. Cheers to you for not having a gall bladder and knowing to lean back when you feel woozie.