Sunday, July 22, 2007

NAPS

Naps are something I never use to take, but I find as I get older a nap is essential. Take Sunday's, it seems after I get up on Sunday the day calls for a nap around 2 pm. I get up around 8 or 9 and then I take the dog out and get the morning papers. IF mother wants to go to church I eat breakfast, read some of the paper, get ready for Church go and come home. By now it is 1:00 and I need a spot of lunch, then I finish the paper. No sooner than I finish that paper my bed calls to me so off I go for my Sunday afternoon nap. Hubby is in his chair TV on watching a car race or some Sci Fi movie. Mother is at the table eating her lunch and reading the paper. Coco is at my feet ready to play. I forgo that game and head for the bed. When I was younger I never naped, I had a fear I would miss something important in the world. I guess now I know there are not too many important events that happen you can't catch up on when you wake up.

2 comments:

miss k said...

The same thing is true when you are 41 - I have been taking a weekend nap on Saturday and Sunday afternoons for years - DH has just come to expect/embrace it!

GOGOMOM said...

Cute picture of the puppies! Stop beating your self to death over nothing. You are still looking good and going strong...and I would hardly call you self indulgent. Nap away!