Thursday, July 5, 2007

Faithful Companion


Coco is my faithful companion, no matter who is visiting or what time of day it is Coco is beside me with her red ball. We have company, Hershey is visiting and I thought for sure I'd have a break from the red ball , but no when I walk in the door there is Coco. She runs to find the red ball no matter where she has left it that morning she goes looking for it. Today when I came in Coco & Hershey met me. Hershey said hello, wagged his tail, jump up for a rub and was gone. No not Coco she went looking for the red ball. Found it, ran back as fast as her little short legs would go to bang the red ball on my foot, followed me to the bathroom, tripping me as I tried to change cloths, red ball in her teeth, banging it on my foot. Off to the kitchen to fix a meal, there is Coco with the red ball wanting me to throw the ball. Finally she is distracted, she sees I am making dinner for her. Hershey shows up to get his too, can't be left out. When dinner is over they both disappear. I get to read the paper in peace. Now I have to go to the drug store to get my prescription, I slip out of my house slippers into my flip flops, Coco hears the slap, slap of my shoes , she shows up knowing I am headed out, she is the first one at the door, this means she wants to go. So I load her up in the car and she spends the time as we drive to the store looking for food I might have dropped. Get to the drug store the girl hands Coco a doggie cookies, this distracts her momentarily while I get my prescription. Then all the way home she sits on my lap trying to get into my purse and find that bag, she is sure there are more doggie cookies in there. Finally back at home she goes to greet Hershey but settles in under the computer desk at my feet. Time for her nap she has had a busy day.

No comments: