Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Dining Out with G-ma

DH worked hard the last 2 days trying to get the taxes done. I worked hard at the job as I usually do. G-ma worked hard sitting at the end of the table working at her mailstation answering her e-mails. She sent Joyce out to get groceries and mail a box to brother dear. I asked her why she had Joyce do that work and why she did not accompany her out ? Her response was "she was to tired and did not feel like it". However, when I said lets go out to dinner she was the first one ready. So off we went to our favorite seafood house you know the one with the Red Lobster on top. Well I get so tickled as you know G-ma is hearing challenged, but when you talk about her she seems to be able to hear. I usually order a coke but tonight I had water. Did I mention G-ma is now addicted to Pepsi and usually orders one when we go out. Well tonight she wanted water too. I decided I would order stuffed flounder, then she decided she would order stuffed flounder, then DH said he'd keep his order a secret. I changed my mind and ordered stuff mushroom caps. When the orders were placed DH had order stuffed flounder too.
Ok so when the bill came G-ma says how much is my part ? I told her and she said " my food could not have cost that much what is the tax ? Are you trying to get more out of me "? I showed her the bill suggested we were not trying to cheat her and that was her share. When we got home she handed me her share and demanded I give her her "card". You know she carries a purse but she does not carry it, you do. Tonight she carried her change purse and credit card or should I say she said to me "put this in your purse". Finally got home and where did G-ma go right to her e-mail station and had to play with Coco and the red rubber ball....

1 comment:

miss k said...

I am guffawing at this - maybe because you will be this way at 89 too!!!!