Wednesday, April 11, 2007

More Driving the Truck

So today the wind is very high and I am driving along in the big White Dodge Dakota Crewcab. I can now tell the real difference in a caddie and a truck. As Gogomom2 says driving a caddie is like driving your couch. Driving a pickup in high winds is like riding a horse. I was bumping and swaying with the wind. Even though that truck weighs as much as the caddie it is high profile so you get the force of the wind pushing you from side to side and front to back. Did I mention in the truck you can hear the noise of the 18 wheelers swoosing past you but in the caddie all you hear is your music.
I do like driving the truck as a change but I miss my caddie, especially the ability to change my music stations or adjust the volume on my steering wheel. Another fact I miss is my ability to adjust the temp in the caddie up or down digitally. Now that is important to a woman of my age who is cold one minute and hot the next.
When I drive in the garage Coco starts to bark, then when I get in the house she spends her time hanging over the steps trying to see what that big white thing is. I will be sorry to have to turn it in but as I said before it is a new adventure.

1 comment:

miss k said...

Better a truck than a Geo Metro or a little KIA . . I really like your blog -