Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Working and being part of the Sandwich

Today I think I know what it is like to be a real part of the sandwich generation. My day started off with getting up at 6:30 am, get a shower, get dressed. DH still sleeping in his C-PAP mask. Head towards the kitchen, doggy is waiting with baited breath to go out. Take care of that chore, it is now 7:15 am . I was suppose to be on the road by 7:00, DH still sleeping ( I guess). Jump in car head out, hungry, head to Micky D's for SMGS & Coke, run past bank to get parking money (gotta go to UAMS today to do chart review). Head out for my one hour drive it is now 7:30. Due at work at 8 am (won't be on time again) ! Tune in favorite radio station to hear about AI, missed it because we were at dinner. Get to job it is now 8:30 am, met by support staff with questions for about a dozen calls that have come in since 8 am. By 9:15 have solve as many problems as I can , head back out to UAMS with promise I'll be back by 2:00. Make the 5 min. drive, park, get to cubicle start review by 9:40 (only 32 charts to look at) work quietly until partner arrives , she chats the whole time if not to herself to me ( get 2 calls for which I have to leave the area go outside where I get reception . One call from mother, one from co-worker...solve both delima's). Finally co-worker leaves at 12 noon....I get 1/2 of my charts done and leave for office at 1:45. Call DH he is still working on taxes, ask him to run erran for mother , he is not happy but does so. Get back to office at 2 pm, tackle list of calls, pile of paper request and field verbal questions from co-workers and support staff. Return all calls to folks who must have answers today !!! Finally leave work at 5:10 pm head for home, 1 hr drive trying to decompress knowing what is waiting at home , it is hard to do. Get home greeted by dog & mom. Both want to know what is for dinner. Go up to DH's office he is still working on taxes ask for my input ( I cannot believe it). Says he has not eaten all day wants soup. Go down stairs Mom is putting Chicken in oven to bake it. It is 6:30...( take dog outside) Fix DH his soup, fix remainder of mom's meal, feed dog. DH shows up for soup, mom sits for me to wait on her. I finally sit down for my dinner at 7:30 another 13 hrs day.....

2 comments:

GOGOMOM said...

Unwanted Solution:
Delegate - what does this look like?
Get up at 6:30 AM and get DH up at same time. Shower and get ready for work. Go to kitchen. DH has prepared a cup of tea and a piece of toast with juice for breakfast. He is out walking the dog. Leave note for Mother toprepare chicken for dinner. Look in DH's wallet to get parking money. Leave for work at 7:05. Arrive on time. Tell chatty coworker to shut up!

miss k said...

Agree with gogomom - if you are bringing home the bacon - DH and G-ma should be frying it up in the pan.