Sunday, April 15, 2007

On-Line Shopping Too

So I just read a blog concerning shopping on-line by my only child. I confessed I never shop on -line based on an experience I had with HSN. In a moment of weakness I purchased some very pretty Tanzanite earrings. The stones looked large enough on TV, so I took the chance. They came and they were small. I had to go out and spend more money to buy another set of stones to make the earrings worth even wearing. What I did not confess is I do shop on-line at reputable stores, that is stores I know by their name and are not in my state or stores Gogomom2 shops at in her state. This month I purchased a pair of summer sandals and a dress from Macy's. Last month I purchased 2 Poire cell phone carriers from Trend Girl. OK so I think I shop monthly on -line. What I have not done is buy something from an infomercial. I think most of them are a racket, abs, flabs, butt shapers and thigh shapers..poo. Case in point my DH has spent millions on TV infomercilas. He has purchased Canned oxygen, some slimy liquid (like Castor oil) and pills to make you stronger, he has purchased tools, Bee Pollen, Coral Calcium, books, DVD, C-D's ad nausem. Then there is the Publishers Clearing House scam. I truly believe DH thinks he must buy something to win. He has purchased more subscriptions than he can read. I think that is where the bill payment money goes, to PCH (and that is not Pacific Coast Highway) OK I digress.Back to me and the on-line shopping. I also shop on-line for the Great-Mommydearest..she likes items from all those catalogs she gets , so I order those items for her. Did I mention her Miles Kimble purchases. Oh and she shops her meds on line (for her it is cheaper). Ok I guess MissK comes from a long line of TV infomercial shoppers.....

1 comment:

miss k said...

At last a true confession . . I love it. my DH is AFRAID to shop on line - because I am the bill police . .I have said it before . . .TRAINING . . .