Saturday, April 7, 2007

Election Funding

I started to write about how solicitations for campaign money drives me nuts. Phone calls, mail and now e-mails. Everyone wants money. I think you even get to check a place on your income tax to give money for the presidential election.
I signed up on the web for a candidate I think will be great. I like his ideas, I like his style and his fresh new outlook on how to accomplish what we need to go forward. What I don't like is the constant solicitations for money. I know that in order to run a successful election you need money ( sad to say you also have to have money), but give me a break. Just about every e-mail I get is "give me some money". I do plan to give, but in my own time and to the candidate I want to support. I do not believe in giving money right out the gate. I think you need to prove your self on the campaign trail first. I really want to see if your message is consistent, and how others view you as well. I do not mind folks asking for money but not so often. I guess that it is the way they eventually get to all the folks by continuously asking. It serves as a reminder..hey I did not give yet.

2 comments:

GOGOMOM said...

I agree! Solicitations are as bad as telemarketers!

miss k said...

Early money is like yeast - they need it to sustain the campaign . . .