Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Driving a Pickup


I got my first opportunity to finally drive a pickup truck...As I've told some of you I had a "senior moment"...ran my caddie into a pole or two at the bank...do not ask me how I have not figured it out yet. Hubby went over to the bank to try to figure it out too. Seems I ran the car up on the ledge, banged the passenger side front door to the point it would not open and left yellow streaks on the door to boot. No I was not high on my Sonic coke and no Coco did not distract me. I have no excuse. Any way I had put the car in the shop and got a rental car ( we ahve good insurance). Hubby says when he went to "Enterprise Rent A Car ", to pick up " the car", they only had pickup's ! That is how I came to drive a big white 2007 Dodge Crew cab. It is longer than my Seville, barly fits in the garage but it does. I am sitting up high and can see the world. True it does not drive like my caddie, I can feel every bump and sway. I can also hear the outside noise. In the caddie I hear nothing but what is going on inside my car, usually my favorite radio station where I cruise to the music to and from work. I miss the special gadgets the caddie has but I am adapting without those gadgets. I do have power seats (driver side) and I have power locks and windows. The sideview mirrors are power too, unlike the Astro Van (1984) hubby drives. I have to adjust those by hand before I even get into drive it. Any way it is fun and I will enjoy my time in the pickup. I call it another adventure on my way to retirement

2 comments:

GOGOMOM said...

Cute photo of the Coco! Wow, you go girl getting to drive a pickup! I loved being up high in Elliot's white chevy. Caddies are lux so its like driving your sofa. Ya need to have adventures!

miss k said...

I bet you are one hot Momma in that truck . .take some pictures and post it on the blog!